The Latin American Studies program is fortunate to include 140 outstanding affiliated faculty from top ranked departments on campus such as Anthropology, Sociology, Public Policy, Public Health and Journalism.
- LAS currently has 5 core facutly with particular strenghts in Mexico, Brazil, Environmental Studies, Border Studies, Indigenous Studies, and Women’s Studies; as well as a smaller group of faculty focused on other Central and South American countries.
- LAS has an experienced and dedicated staff that provide administrative and outreach support for the center and greater University.
- LAS is currently recieving funding from the Departement of Education as a Title VI resource center and the program coordinator conducts outreach programs with k-12 students and the greater University.
LAS Core Faculty:
- Dr. Marcela Vásquez-León, Director, Latin American StudiesTel: (520) 626-7242 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Marcela Vásquez-León, Associate Professor in Anthropology / Associate Research Anthropologist (BARA) Tel: 520.621.6282 email@example.com
- Dr. Elizabeth Oglesby, Associate Professor, Geography and Center for Latin American StudiesTel: 520-621-5799 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Margaret Wilder, Associate Professor of Latin American studies and in the School of Geography and Development, Tel: (520) 626-4393 email@example.com
- Dr. Jennifer Cyr, Assistant Professor Government and Public Policy and Latin American Studies, firstname.lastname@example.org