Associate Professor, Spanish & Portuguese
Ph.D. in Spanish & Portuguese, University of Arizona, 1995
- U.S.-Mexico Border Studies
- Critical Theory
- Cultural Studies
- Modern and contemporary Latin American narrative
- Latin American women writers
- Latin American Cultural Identity
- Hispanic Cultures in the U.S.
- Survey of Latin American Literature I and II
- The Border in Mexican and Mexican American narrative
- The Latin American Novel and the Boom
- The Mexican New Novel Contemporary Latin American Women Writers
- Visions of the border in Mexican and Chicano/a Narrative writing
- Cultural Citizenship, borders, diasporas, and transnational identities in the Americas
- Fronteridades: Border Theories and Cultural Practices in the Americas.