The Joint Degree in Public Administration and Latin American Studies is an ideal option for students wishing to go into non-profit or public sector work with a focus on Latin America. The degree will be granted upon the completion of a minimum of 60 units in Public Administration and Latin American Studies and related fields and by meeting the minimum Portuguese and Spanish language requirements. The requirements are summarized as follows:
LAS Joint Pogram Requirements
- 3 units for LAS 500 – Introduction to Latin American Studies
- 15 units in primary discipline or thematic area
- 9 units public administration courses with assignments focusing on Latin America
- Language requirement met by Spanish 330 and Portuguese 305 or Spanish 251 and Portuguese 325 or equivalency exam.
- 6 units to be completed through:
- 3 units for independent research with major paper focusing on Latin America or 3 units of elective LAS coursework, plus 3 units of internship which can substitute for 3 units of the MPA internship.
____ 36 units total
MPA Joint Program Requirements:
- 24 units of core courses (which can be found here)
- 3 units of Capstone (to be taken in final Spring semester)
___27 units total”
For more information, contact Colin Deeds (LAS Director of Graduate Studies) firstname.lastname@example.org or Diane Darling (PA Graduate Programs Manager) email@example.com