How to Apply
You can apply for our departmental scholarships by filling out the UA Latin American Studies Scholarship Application Form.
The deadline to apply for scholarships has been extended to May 4, 2022. . For more information contact Colin Deeds, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 520-626-7242.
Alan Huerta Scholarship
More Information on Eligibility Requirements Coming Soon!
Leo Roop Summer Career Paths Internship and Research Training Scholarships (RCPS)
This Scholarship supports top students to participate in special summer career path defining programs they could not ordinarily afford. These programs could include professional internships with NGOs, the private sector or government agencies. It could also include participation in research in Latin American, special training seminars or study abroad programs.
- Undergraduate majoring or minoring in Latin American Studies
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- Participating in Summer program
Governor Raul H. Castro Scholarship (Academic Year)
- Graduate or undergraduate student in Latin American Studies at the University of Arizona.
- Studying international relations or local politics
- GPA of 2.9 or higher
You must submit an essay detailing your need and career goals and demonstrate financial need. The scholarship recipient will be selected by the Director for the Center for Latin American Studies and a committee selected by the Director. The family will be informed of the scholarship recipient, and the recipient will be required to send a letter to the Raul H. Castro family.
Peter T. Johnson Summer Study and Research Scholarship
Provides support for field research in Latin American and the Caribbean for undergraduate and graduate students working on honors theses, master's theses, and doctoral dissertations. The funding can be used by any student regardless of discipline.
Students working on dissertations should apply only as a supplement to grants received from other sources. The scholarship recipient will be determined at the discretion of the Director of the Center of Latin American Studies and the Center's committee for reviewing field research proposals.
Edward J. Williams Research Scholarship
- Full-time, graduate or upper division undergraduate in good academic standing currently enrolled in Latin American Studies courses and/or students from other disciplines with research interests focusing on Latin America or U.S. Mexico border issues.
- Must spend at least two weeks in the field if scholarship given as a research travel award.
- Students may also apply to present their work in conferences.
- U.S. citizenship not required.
To apply, submit the application form with a proposal outlining the field research objectives and methodology when used for travel or a letter of invitation and how the scholarship will further your professional objectives when used for conferences. The Selection Committee shall make the final recommendation and it is subject to the approval of the Office of Student Financial Aid.